Wednesday, September 22, 2010

On to the next one.

So, we are on Day 2 of the 40 day challenge. Yesterdays dare was "THE FIRST PART OF THIS DARE IS FAIRLY SIMPLE. ALTHOUGH LOVE IS COMMUNICATED IN A NUMBER OF WAYS, OUR WORDS OFTEN REFLECT THE CONDITION OF OUR HEART. FOR THE NEXT DAY, RESOLVE TO DEMONSTRATE PATIENCE AND TO SAY NOTHING NEGATIVE TO YOUR SPOUSE AT ALL. IF THE TEMPTATION ARISES, CHOOSE NOT TO SAY ANYTHING, IT'S BETTER TO HOLD YOUR TONGUE THAN TO SAY SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET."

I did fairly well with this one because Kristie is not really talking to me at the moment. I did write her an email that had no negativity in it. No response yet from her. I'm sticking with it though.

Today's dare is "IN ADDITION TO SAYING NOTHING NEGATIVE TO YOUR SPOUSE AGAIN TODAY, DO AT LEAST ONE UNEXPECTED GESTURE AS AN ACT OF KINDNESS"

I sent a text message offering to take her car to get the registration renewed on my lunch break. I am not expecting to her back from her, but I know that she was not expecting me to do that. I hope I can stay motivated throughout the whole 40 days. I really want my heart to be changed into a more loving one. I want the tools to Love as God intends me to. I'll update tomorrow on the new dare and how I felt about today's. Have a good day, all. May God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment