Thursday, September 23, 2010

I get to buy stuff!

Day 2 was interesting. I was supposed to make a nice gesture to her. I offered to take her car to get the tags renewed because she is busy with Gracie and kids and she is also very prone to forget. She didn't respond to the text much less accept it, but if anything I reminded her that it needed to be done.

The dare for Day 3 is:
WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR TIME, ENERGY, AND MONEY INTO WILL BECOME MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU. IT'S HARD TO CARE FOR SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT INVESTING IN. ALONG WITH RESTRAINING FROM NEGATIVE COMMENTS, BUY YOUR SPOUSE SOMETHING THAT SAYS, "I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU TODAY."


Gracie won a fish at a carnival a couple of months ago and Kristie has been taking really good care of it. The problem is that she doesn't have an aquarium with a filter to keep the water flowing and clean. She has been having to switch containers every few days to keep the fish alive. Well, a couple of weeks ago she didn't change the water soon enough and the fish was struggling to breathe. Kristie calls me down stairs and tells me to go look at the fish. She had changed the water but the fish was swimming on his side. She was really upset about it. I kept saying it was just a fish and fishes die. I didn't hug her or comfort her. I kept my distance and treated her like a child. I should have realized that it was not about the fish. She was upset that she had failed at taking care of something. I should have reassured her and comforted her. I was wrong in the way I handled it. So, today I am going to buy her an aquarium so that she doesn't have to worry about remembering to change the water and she can take care of other things. It will also let her know that I care about how she feels I want to make amends. I wrote a long apology note that I am going to give along with the aquarium. I think the apology will be the real gift. I will update more tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment