Sunday, October 3, 2010

Huge Plus....

Today is day 13. Sorry, I do not have my book to say what today's dare is, but it has to do with fair fighting.

I have not seen my daughter in three weeks. I mean I've seen her but I have not gotten to hold or kiss her. Today was the end of that. I had to wait till after church, but it was well worth it. The instant Kristie handed her to me it was just like we never left each other. She looked at me with a lowered head and a bit of sadness, but it lasted all of 10 seconds. I asked for a hug and we spent a few minutes just hugging each other. She placed her head on my shoulder and I felt so much better. Then I asked for a kiss and she gave me one and then she rubbed noses and she laughed! I love her so much and I missed those interactions. We went to a birthday party with some friends from church and had a blast. The time was too short. I could have done with several more hours. It;s just so strange to me. Kristie had been talking to me and been in a more approachable mood, but today it was like fear had a death grip on her. She took Gracie and it was almost like she was shielding her from me. I guess it hurts so much because I love my daughter so much. For someone to be that afraid of me hurting her hurts worse than not being able to see her. I mean I fell like a horrible person when Kristie demands that I cannot be alone with Gracie at all. I've been really good about taking this in stride, but I would be lying if I didn't say I am not comfortable with it. Tomorrow will be a new day and with God's help I will survive. Patiently waiting until Wednesday night and Thursday when I can spend time with her again. I am grateful that the people supervising are my friends because I still feel like I can be a father. It could be worse. Keep praying for us! Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment